“Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” — Mother Teresa
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is an 8-week program where you learn how to integrate a number of skills that enable you to deal effectively with stress and challenges in everyday life, and strengthen your awareness, so you achieve greater balance and better clarity in order to live a more meaningful and fulfilled life. During the program you are introduced to mindfulness and mindfulness practices: formal (yoga, meditation, body scan) and informal (eating, walking, talking etc.), self-reflection and different exercises followed by group discussions.
“If you love someone, the greatest gift you can give them is your presence.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Through the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program you will EXPERIENCE:
- Increased Awareness and Clarity to recognize stressful and challenging situation, and to distinguish between challenges and the real stressors.
- Focus on what you choose, what you really need in the moment and what really matters to you.
- Presence in your daily personal and professional life.
- Structure to work with these new discoveries and integrate them in your daily life – personally and professionally.
- Support, love and care through the entire period to feel safe and understood, to experiment and try out different behaviors and mindset, to get through the tough times and appreciate success.
- Belonging to a likeminded group of people who are also looking to transform their lives.
- Courage to be yourself – authentic, curious, powerful, sensitive, determined, vulnerable, inspiring.
- Calm and peace through the meditation practice and mindful movement.
- Transformation through your increased awareness, self-compassion, behavioral change and action taking.
“In my view the most important meaning of mindfulness is recollection. In other words, mindfulness is the ability to gather oneself mentally and thereby recall one’s core values and motivation… It suggests bringing presence of mind into everyday activities.” — H. H. Dalai Lama
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program will FOCUS on:
- The definition of mindfulness and its integration in daily life
- Increasing self-awareness and presence
- Identifying habitual patterns and behaviors and learn how to make sustainable change
- Increasing mind-body connection
- Recognizing and managing stress and stress reactivity
- Moving from reactivity into responsivity
- Perceptions and making choices
- Emotions & habitual patterns
- Working with difficult moments and strengthening resilience
- Mindful listening and speaking
- Cultivating silence, curiosity, beginners mind, non-judgement, acceptance & letting go
- Meditation, mindful movement, mindful eating
- Group dialogue and exercises
- Weekly home assignments
Extras for the In-depth Program
- 5 individual mindfulness coaching sessions
“You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” — John Kabat Zinn
After completing the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program you can EXPECT to:
- Understand the patterns of your mind and learn how to change behavioral patterns
- Understand the mind-body connection and the signals your body is sending to you, being able to act timely in stressful or unpleasant situations
- Recognize and be with your emotions
- Increase focus, performance, creativity and innovation
- Increase adaptability to change, flexibility and resilience
- Increase self and social awareness, empathy and compassion
- Increase your ability to make wise decisions according to your values
- Become more comfortable to set your boundaries
- Develop strategies to respond wisely to emotions and challenges
- Develop inner and outer trust, strengthen relationships and reduce conflicts
- Reduce stress, stress related illnesses, anxiety and burnout
- Improve the quality of your sleep through learning to relax and let go
- Improve your immune system, decreased blood pressure and tension pains
- Transform your life from inside out
- Live-long access to materials that will support you in integrating the learning and the new habits in your daily life
- Life-long access to a supportive and like-minded community
“Stand still like a mountain, flow like a river.” — Lao Tzu
- Life-time access to the tools and materials used in the program
- Life-time access to the guided meditations
- The possibility to listen to the recording of a missed session
- The possibility to take the course from wherever you are in the world
- A buddy to support you and keep you accountable through the journey
- Life-time access to our “Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction” community
- 10% discount to any next program you register
- 10% discount if you’re a student, unemployed, or retired
- 10% discount if you bring a friend/colleague
“The most fundamental aggression to ourselves, the most fundamental harm we can do to ourselves, is to remain ignorant by not having the courage and the respect to look at ourselves honestly and gently.” — Pema Chödrön
Who is your Mindfulness Teacher and Coach?
Carmen Manea is a courageous, curious and determined coach and mindfulness teacher. She is a certified Co-Active Institute & International Coach Federation leadership coach, a Cultivating Emotional Balance & Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction teacher and has 15+ years business experience in companies as Coca-Cola and LEGO Group.
She is specialized in the areas of mindfulness, stress reduction, emotional balance, emotional intelligence, resilience, self-compassion, presence, self-awareness, authentic leadership, women in leadership, diversity & inclusion, impostor syndrome & inner critic. Since 2015 she has been teaching and coaching people from more than 30 countries, on four continents, with very different personal and professional backgrounds.
Carmen’s strengths are courage and curiosity, active listening and communication, empathy, the ability to create safe and trusting relationships, multicultural understanding, loving-kindness, compassion, determination and resilience.
She is sensitive yet strong, loves nature, and is genuinely interested in people and cultures. She can be very active (running marathons, hiking in the mountains, diving and practicing yoga) and very still (meditating, reading, making jigsaw puzzles and reflecting).
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” — Carl Rogers
What previous participants say about working with Carmen:
Carmen is an incredibly gifted and compassionate teacher. I participated in the MBSR class and it was truly life-changing. I have always struggled to manage stress. Sometimes it was quite debilitating. Now I have the awareness and skills to be more in charge of what my experiences are in so many areas of my life. My stress levels have dramatically changed. What a gift this has been to carve out this time for myself. Thank you Carmen!
I have known Carmen for some years now. I was always intrigued by her calm, sensitive and positive attitude. Personally, for me I could not have thought of any better coach and teacher for my first ever mindful journey. A mindful journey where I learned to savor the pleasure in life as they occur, to enjoy the acute details of every day rituals, to be better at dealing a stressful situation, by calming down and calculating my next action, rather than acting upon my habituality. After taking the 8 weeks MBSR course, I can highly recommend having Carmen, with her calm, gentle, good-natured and non-judgemental presence, as a coach and mindfulness teacher.
Carmen was the person who helped me getting through a rickety bridge just by “holding the tip of my finger”. She is always there with the right questions to direct you in a gentle way. Makes you think and helps you throughout this personal journey.Her calming voice in meditations and during yoga practices made me relaxed, calm and feel safe. I have done mindfulness courses before but they weren’t successful without the personal touch. Carmen was the person who was by my side on the journey, teaching me how to be non-judgemental, how to break my bad habits, how to stay calm and how to transform. Thank you!
Carmen is a gifted teacher and using incremental approach, guided us on our individual journey to a more mindful way of living. Through experiential learning, every weekly session allowed me to better understand mindfulness and the tangible benefits the practice can bring me. After every session, and particularly after the all-day retreat, I felt a wonderful inner peace and better able to cope with change and uncertainty. I warmly recommend Carmen’s course to you!
The MBSR course invited me to be more aware of certain patterns and how do they relate to stress reaction. It has also taught me to notice and observe without judgement and live mindfully. Carmen is an excellent teacher who guided me through a process where I encountered a lot of resistance. Carmen created a space of trust and gentleness. She motivated me to learn and go beyond limitations. She generated insightful discussions, as well as her wise presence during silent moments of practice. She is the best example of someone who lives mindfully from inside-out. Thank you!
The Mindfulness and Meditation Course was very beneficial in helping me gain awareness of life patterns, develop a greater connection to the present moment as well as provide mindfulness practices to use outside of class. Carmen is a very caring, supportive and compassionate leader. Her style is a wonderful representation of positive leadership. I highly recommend working with Carmen to gain the benefits of being more mindful in daily life.
I participated in Carmen’s 8-week MBSR program online and it was an incredible learning experience, possibly even life changing. I was already in therapy but lacked some hands-on methods for handling stress. During the 8 weeks, I learned mindfulness theory and exercises. I had known about it but only through the exercises and talking about the experiences with Carmen and the other participants I understood how it is true for me and my life.
I chose to participate in Carmen’s program mostly because of her. She has a very professional approach based on profound knowledge and she is an amazing teacher. Kind, patient, honest and warmhearted. She listens and is truly invested in each and every student.I first met Carmen at a workshop and decided to participate in her 8 week MBSR program because I loved her attitude and approach to teaching. Admittedly, the 8 weeks might seem like a big commitment and they were indeed hard work but for me it was all worth it because I learned so much about myself.
Carmen is an incredible coach and guided and motivated me so well with her kind, humorous and down-to-earth attitude. Only through this program I really understood the complex yet simple connection between body and mind and have found the right direction for my healing journey.
It‘s not like that after 8 weeks I magically don‘t feel stressed or anxious anymore. No. But now I know how to deal with it better, am aware of triggers and have come to genuinely enjoy meditation because it centers me. The MBSR has opened many doors for me and I’m always curious what the next thing that I learn about myself will be or how I can improve whatever I do with a touch of mindfulness.
Whatever your motivation is to work with Carmen, I‘m sure she will help you greatly because she is highly professional, very skilled and simply has a beautiful soul who always finds the right words to brighten up your day and keep you going.
If you are looking to manage your stress levels or to cultivate some peace, Carmen is the perfect Mindfulness Trainer for you! I loved attending her classes and always felt positive and calm after the sessions.
Carmen is a kind, warm and insightful teacher with a big knowledge and experience in the field of mindfulness.
Carmen is a wonderful and good teacher who has the ability to convey emotionally hard subject matter in a good and constructive way.
Jeg havde den store fornøjelse at have Carmen som underviser. Min skeptik og mindre fleksible krop var ikke det bedste udgangspunkt. Men hos Carmen er der virkelig plads til ALLE. Hun er en helt fantastisk kompetent underviser, som fik mig inspireret til arbejde mere med mig selv.
Carmen er meget rolig og møder folk hvor der de er, med stor åbenhed og uden at dømme. For mig åbnede hun døren til nye perspektiver på mig selv og mine omgivelser.
“What I must do, is all that concerns me, not what the people think. This rule, equally arduous in actual and in intellectual life, may serve for the whole distinction between greatness and meanness. It is the harder, because you will always find those who think they know what is your duty better than you know it. It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program tailored for you: