Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC)
- Establishing group boundaries and confidentiality. This means that participants engage in as much or as little as they feel comfortable doing.
- Providing a safe, supportive, and encouraging atmosphere to gently explore how we generally respond or react when challenging emotions arise and to provide tools for becoming a warm companion to ourselves.
- There is a short talk on the week’s topic, meditation, small (Zoom break out rooms with optional participation), and large group sharing. The session also includes experiential exercises and suggested home practice.
- The intention of this training is for you to directly experience self-compassion and learn practices that evoke self-compassion in your daily life.
- This is primarily a practical group learning MSC programme so that we experience self-compassion in action in a safe and supportive community at your own unique pace, and not just talk about self-compassion.
- Nurturing MSC in our lives is an ongoing daily process, an adventure rather than a destination. We go slowly at our own pace and take small steps.
- Compassion is a positive, energizing emotion. However, it is said that “love reveals everything unlike itself” therefore, while learning self-compassion some difficult and perhaps challenging emotions may arise. Your teachers Carmen and Jim are competent, trained, and committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for the process to unfold, and to making the adventure as enjoyable as possible for everyone.
- Week 1: Introduction to Mindful Self-Compassion
- Week 2: Practicing Mindfulness
- Week 3: Practicing Kindness
- Week 4: Discovering Your Compassionate Voice
- Week 5: Living Deeply
- Week 6: Retreat
- Week 7: Meeting Difficult Emotions
- Week 8: Exploring Challenging Relationships
- Week 9: Embracing Your Life
- Be your own best friend.
- Practice Self-Compassion in your daily life.
- Understand the empirically supported benefits of self-compassion.
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism.
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease.
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new.
- Manage caregiving fatigue.
- Practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation.
MSC is not a quick fix for anything since no one is broken and needs “fixing”. However, it indicates a path in which we can relate to our wounding and since a lot of our wounding in life occurs in relationships (including relating to ourselves) healing can also take place in relationships in a safe, caring, and supportive MSC community. But most of all it is easier than you think!
This wise invitation from Mahatma Gandhi is my guiding intention, my North Star. Through my ever-deepening practice of MSC it invites me to help make humanity a better place, one person at a time. However, sometimes I fail, and I have slowly come to accept that’s ok for me. There are no experts in this, I like to call myself a co-adventurer, for I believe we each have something of equal value to contribute. We truly, learn and grow from each other. I would very much like for you to join this adventure of self-compassion, being your own best friend, and truly what an adventure, it never ends.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Carmen and Jim
- Course duration: 9 weeks, 2h 30min per week
- Dates: weekly on Mondays:
- 2024, January: 8, 15, 22, 29
- 2024, February: 5, 12, 19, 26
- 2024, March: 4
- Time: 6.00pm – 8.30pm (GMT London)/ 7.00pm – 09.30pm (CET) (2h 30min)
- [check your local time here (Copenhagen time zone)]
- Place: online live, via Zoom – you will receive the link a few days prior to the course start
- Group size: min 8 – max 20 participants
- Cost: EUR 449 if you pay by November 30th; EUR 495 if you pay by December 21st
- Registration: Sign up and pay up to December 21st. Please fill in the below pre-registration form
- Need more information? Fill in the same form and Carmen or Jim will come back to you for a chat